LAST UPDATED: JUNE 15, 2023
When you interact with us through our Services or Sites, we may collect, hold, and use personal and other data from you. This includes but not limited to:
- Contact information: We collect personal data from you when you fill out our online forms, contact us with inquiries, or use our Services. This includes data like your name, mailing address, email, phone number, job title, company information, and any other data you provide (including submitted photos).
- Account and payment information: We collect personal information from you when you log into the Services, provide payment and billing information (excluding credit card information), or post in RiskProfiler’s customer community forum.
- Call and video call information: We may collect personal data when you call us, and calls may be recorded and analyzed for training, quality control, sales, and marketing purposes.
- Chat information: We may collect personal data during online chats, which can be recorded and analyzed for training, quality control, sales, and marketing purposes.
- Information we receive from your use of our Sites or Services, such as your IP address, log data, and other similar network activity.
- Data we receive about you from other sources, such as public internet sources, third parties from whom we have purchased data, or affiliated companies, and combine this data with information we already have about you.
- Information collected by third parties on our sites.
We are the sole owner of information collected on the Sites and Services, except for vendor lists and contact information that you provide to us in connection with your use of our Sites and Services. To the extent that the General Data Protection Regulation applies to any personal information you give us, we rely on legitimate interest. We also process data based on consent for certain sales and marketing purposes.
Utilization of Your Data
- For internal operations like account management,
- To interact with you by answering your requests, comments, and inquiries,
- To enhance the content and functionality of the Sites and Services,
- To offer aggregated and unidentifiable analytical data for security purposes and other insights,
- To prevent fraudulent activities and for other purposes based on our legitimate interest
- To better comprehend our users, to improve the Sites and Services, and to market our Services to you (this includes profiling for automated targeted marketing campaigns for customers and prospects).
Moreover, we may use this information to reach out to you in the future about services we believe may be of interest to you. Every mass marketing message we send will have an “opt-out” option, so you can choose not to receive further marketing communications. If at any point you decide not to receive any future marketing messages or wish to have your name removed from our mailing lists, please contact us at [email protected].
Distribution of Your Personal and Other Data:
We guarantee that we do not sell your personal information. Nonetheless, under certain conditions, your personal information may be shared with selected third parties without additional notification to you, as described below:
- Corporate Communications: As our business evolves, we may purchase or sell businesses or assets. If there’s a corporate reorganization, dissolution, merger, or sale, personal information may be included in the transferred assets or shared as part of our legitimate business interests.
- Service Providers and Third Parties: From time to time, we engage contracts with selected third parties to assist us in serving you (for instance, database maintenance, analytics, payment processing, fraud detection and deterrence, or advertising asset access), or to support our marketing activities or engage in co-marketing activities with us. These third parties are prohibited from utilizing any of your personal data beyond the purpose for which it was shared, as outlined in our contracts with them.
- Business Partners and Resellers: We may share your personal data with our partners and resellers to aid you in using our Services and to facilitate the sale or resale of our Services to you.
- RiskProfiler Customer Community Forum Data: Your name and/or username, along with the information you post in the RiskProfiler customer community forums and any activities you participate in, will be visible to other users of the RiskProfiler customer community forum
We may also share aggregated and non-identifiable data with any third party, including media and industry observers, and as part of our products and services. For instance, we may disclose security trends, benchmarking data, or the number of customers who have evaluated or purchased our products and services.
We will retain the personal and other information we collect only for as long as is necessary for the business objectives mentioned earlier, for which the data was gathered and processed. This retention will adhere to our internal document preservation policies. The parameters we utilize to determine our retention durations encompass: (a) the duration of our ongoing relationship with our clients and the provision of services, (b) any legal obligations we are subject to, and (c) the advisability of retention considering our legal position (such as in relation to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory inquiries).
Personal Information Access, Modification, and Deletion
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have the right to request that we provide the following details about the personal information we hold concerning you:
- The categories and/or specific pieces of personal information we collected
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is gathered
- The business or commercial reason for collecting personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared personal information
If you are eligible to exercise privacy rights under applicable law, you may access, correct, oppose processing, or request deletion of your personal information by contacting us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. Be advised that even after your request has been processed, we might retain certain residual information in backup and/or archive copies of our database, or any data that we may retain in compliance with applicable law. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights concerning your personal information.
In the event you close any account associated with the Services, your account will be deactivated, and your name and other personal information will no longer be accessible to you.
We may preserve your personal information for as long as your account is active, or to provide you with services, enhance our Services, comply with our legal responsibilities, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
In the event of your withdrawal of Consent regarding the processing of your personal information, we may, as a result, be unable to continue providing you with our services. We may also restrict or refuse your request to withdraw consent if we are either legally allowed or obligated to do so, or if we cannot satisfactorily confirm your identity. You may exercise your right to withdraw your consent to such processing (when the processing is grounded on consent) by reaching out to us at the contact details provided herein.
External Links on our Site
Occasionally, our Site and Services may contain outbound links or give access to services offered by third parties. We recommend you to confirm and understand the privacy practices of such other websites before providing any personal information. We urge you not to share your personal data without first ensuring the privacy policies of these external sites. WE HOLD NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE PRIVACY STRATEGIES IMPLEMENTED BY OTHER WEBSITES OR THIRD PARTIES OR FOR ANY USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PERSONAL OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE ON SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR SERVICES.
We employ reasonable measures to guard the personal information submitted via our Site and Services against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. As an illustration, your personal information and/or information on the Services is safeguarded by a password (maintaining the security of your login details is your responsibility). Despite our best efforts, we cannot ensure complete and unwavering protection of this information due to the open and unstable nature of the Internet. We do not claim or guarantee the effectiveness of our security measures and we accept no liability for security breaches or any failure in the security of your computer equipment, your internet service provider or other networks and communications providers. Should you have any queries regarding the security of your personal information, you can reach us at [email protected].
Our Site and Services are tailored for business purposes and are not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect personal information from minors under 18, nor do we sell or share personal information of consumers under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian discovers that their child has provided us with personal information without their consent, they should inform us. If we become aware that a child under 18 has supplied us with personal information, we will remove such information from our records.
Privacy Rights for California and Other States
This section elaborates on the additional details regarding the personal data we collect from residents of California, and the rights that might be accorded to them under the relevant state laws, which include the California Consumer Privacy Act and the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (collectively referred to as “CCPA”).
Subject to certain restrictions and applicable law, the CCPA extends the following rights to California consumers upon submission of a verifiable request:
- Right to Information: You are entitled to request details about the personal data we have collected, used, disclosed, sold, and shared concerning you, inclusive of personal data categories, the sources from which the personal data is collected, the business or commercial purpose for gathering, selling, or sharing personal data, the categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal data, and specific pieces of your personal data we have acquired.
- Right to Deletion: You have the right to request the elimination of your personal data
- Right to Correction: You have the right to request the amendment of any inaccurate personal data held by us, considering the nature of the personal data and the purposes of processing the personal data.
- Right to Opt Out: You have the right to opt out of any “sales” of your personal data and sharing of your personal data for cross-context behavioral advertising that may be transpiring. However, as stated above, we do not sell your personal data or share it for cross-context advertising.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: You have the right not to be subjected to discrimination for exercising these rights.
California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights by reaching out to us as described in the ‘Our Contact Information’ section below.
We may validate your request using the data linked to your account, including your email address. Additionally, California consumers can appoint an authorized agent to exercise the rights mentioned above by providing the agent with written authorization to do so and by verifying their identity with us directly.
How to Reach Us
We have appointed a Privacy Manager to ensure our adherence to relevant privacy regulations. If you have any queries or concerns about your privacy, you can send an email to [email protected]
We are committed to responding to your inquiries, questions, or comments as promptly as possible. Our aim is to provide an initial response within five (5) business days from the date we receive your communication.